This month with Mother's Day right around the corner, I am challenging myself to set and follow a self-care plan. I have always known, I give the best care when I care for myself first. However, the last two months were a little rough for me - attending 3 AMAZING births within a month's span, and a personal pregnancy loss I didn't give myself time to grieve (that may come up another time).
Here are my Top 5 ways I care for myself:
- Meditation - right now I make sure to get at least 5 minutes done in the morning, before my day starts. If I remember, or I'm having a hard time sleeping, I'll try to do 5 minutes at bedtime as well.
- Herbal teas - I love teas! I drink teas for everything. Clear skin, immune system, detox, sleep, lactation, energy, etc. Plus I just enjoy the endless array of selections available. Tea makes me happy!
- Art - I'm not a super creative person. But occasionally I'll doodle or fill in a couple pages in my adult coloring books. I find zentangle to be very soothing and a great "brain dump" activity if my mind is just running around nothing in particular.
- Hydration - staying hydrated is obviously an important part of self care. Your body and mind just don't work properly if you're dehydrated.
- Massage - of course I'd list massage in my top 5 for self-care. I try really hard to get massage for myself regularly. Have you scheduled yourself an appointment? Book Now!